Ruth Magoon, 76 - January 12, 2011
Ruth Yvonne Magoon, 76, of Lexington passed away Sunday, Jan. 9, 2011, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Services will take place Thursday, Jan. 13, at 11 a.m. at the Evangelical Free Church of Lexington with the Rev. Duane Russell officiating. Burial will be at 2 p.m. at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Clifford and Leota Martin; her husband, Sidney Magoon in October of 2010; a brother, Clifford Martin; brothers-in-law—Keith, Don and Ken Eggleston and Jim Davis; sister-in-law, Pearl Martin; nephews—Rodger and Travis Eggleston, Joey Davis and Randy Messbarger; niece, Regina Araujo.
Survivors include: her sons—Randy (Debra) Adams of Cozad, and Mike (fiance’ Kathleen) Adams of Lexington; a brother, Roger (Sharon) Martin of Oconto; five sisters—Darlene (Verlouis) Forster of Smithfield, Violet “Vi” Eggleston, Wanda (Bonnie) Eggleston and Beulah Eggleston, all of Oconto, and Virginia (Virgil) Coryell of Lexington; four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president