Jerry V. Delahunty, 51 - January 03, 2011
Jerry V. Delahunty, 51, of Kearney, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, at Good Samaritan Hospital from esophageal cancer.
Services will be Thursday, Jan. 6, at 11 a.m. at the Kearney Evangelical Free Church with the Rev. Mike Shields officiating. A private burial will take place at a later date at the Kearney Cemetery.
A visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 5, at the Horner Lieske McBride & Kuhl Funeral Home, and one hour prior to services at the church.
He was preceded in death by: his father, Thomas; a sister-in-law, Sonia Delahunty.
Survivors include: his wife, Jody of Kearney; three daughters—Jessica Delahunty (fiancée Jomar Pika) of Lincoln, Jenna (Ryan) Lockhorn of Omaha, and Jaime of Kearney; a grandson, Isaiah of Kearney; his mother, Valetta Delahunty of Gothenburg; brother, Tom Delahunty of Gothenburg; a sister, Kathy (Jeff) Chambers of North Mankato, MN; father- and mother-in-law, Larry and Shirley Nelson of Gothenburg; brothers- and sisters-in-law—Kim and Scott Willis of Denver, Dirk and Stephanie Block of Omaha, Kent and Amy Sytsma of Elkhorn, and Bobbi Nelson of Omaha; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities