Lewis Mathieu, jr., 68 - October 27, 2010
Lewis Gaulden Mathieu, Jr., 68, of Gothenburg died Friday, Oct. 22, 2010, at Gothenburg after battling Myotonic Dystrophy for a number of years.
Services were Oct. 27 at the First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Randall L. Dilts officiating. Interment was at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Mathieu was preceded in death by: his father, Lewis Sr.; his father- and mother-in-law, George and Maxine Newstrom; a niece, Jennifer Stewart.
Survivors include: his wife, Sharron Mathieu of Gothenburg; his daughters—Merilee (Michael) Parks and Shari (David) Murer, all of Kearney; a son, William Mathieu of Lincoln; his mother, Mary Aileen Mathieu of Gothenburg; grandchildren—Heidi Parks (fiancée Jared Bussing) of Omaha, Joseph Murer and Zachary Murer of Kearney; great-granddaughter, Wren Bussing of Omaha.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST