Edith Halbgewachs, 94 - October 13, 2010
Edith Marie Halbgewachs, 94, of Cozad passed away Friday, Oct. 8, 2010, at Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Services took place on Saturday, Oct. 9, at the Mt. Zion Primitive Baptist Church of Cozad with Elder Thomas Bond officiating. Burial was at the Cozad Cemetery.
Halbgewachs was preceded in death by: a granddaughter, Lee Ellen (Halbgewachs) Formsma; a sister, Loretta (Bybee) Harris; brother-in-law, W.O. Harris; a brother, Earl Bybee; sister-in-law, Fern (Pile) Bybee; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law—Ralph and Emma Stark, August and Lillian Hueftle and Malcom and Dora Mansfield.
Survivors include: her husband, Harold of Gothenburg; two daughters—Linda (Ivan) Abbott of Hartington, and Myrna (Allan) Loibl of Gothenburg; four sons—Howard (Cynthia) of Cozad, Elder Donald (Barbara) of El Paso, TX, Elder Richard (Charlotte) of Austin, TX, and Victor (Elaine) of Atlanta, GA; 27 grandchildren, 44 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet