Kenneth Gene Volkman, 57 - September 22, 2010
Kenneth Gene Volkman, 57, formerly of Lexington, passed away Sunday, Sept. 12, 2010, from injuries sustained in a fall at his home.
Memorial services took place Monday, Sept. 20, at the Smithfield North Stake Center. Interment was at the Smithfield City Cemetery will military honors.
Volkman was preceded in death by: his beloved daughter, Kaylee Ann; his father, Gene; a brother-in-law, Kenneth Wolf.
Survivors include: his wife, Beverly; his sons—Chase (Dawn Cooper), Trevor (Leilani Daines) and Zachary; his mother, Betty; a brother, David (Kathy); sisters—Jeanette Wolf and Darla (LaMonte) Schlake; parents-in-law, Leon and Marion Denton; sisters- and brothers-in-law—Audrie (Gordon) Goldsberry, Donna (Chris) Conner, Steven (Cathy) Denton, Helen (Jeff) Jeppsen and Gary (Roxie) Denton; numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC