Kermit Johnson, 87 - August 18, 2010
Kermit Roy Johnson, 87, of Holdrege passed away Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2010, at Holdrege Memorial Homes.
Services were conducted at the Moses Hill Evangelical Covenant Church in Phelps County on Monday, Aug. 16, with the Rev. Craig Roberts officiating. Interment took place at Moses Hill Cemetery.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Roy and Hanna; two sisters—Norma Ryden and Sadie Kimberling; a brother, Delwin Johnson; a grandson, Michael Sheen.
Survivors include: his wife, Elaine of Holdrege; four children—Joan Kay (Steve) Sheen of Kearney, Gene Larry (Marjorie) Johnson of Douglasville, GA, Merle Elton (Debra) Johnson of Ann Arbor, MI, and Janell Sue (Larry) Rossen of Gothenburg; six grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren; three sisters—Merna Smith of Bertrand, Bonnie (Elsworth) Samuelson and Betty (Warren) Jacobson, all of Holdrege; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.