Kermit Johnson, 87 - August 18, 2010
Kermit Roy Johnson, 87, of Holdrege passed away Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2010, at Holdrege Memorial Homes.
Services were conducted at the Moses Hill Evangelical Covenant Church in Phelps County on Monday, Aug. 16, with the Rev. Craig Roberts officiating. Interment took place at Moses Hill Cemetery.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Roy and Hanna; two sisters—Norma Ryden and Sadie Kimberling; a brother, Delwin Johnson; a grandson, Michael Sheen.
Survivors include: his wife, Elaine of Holdrege; four children—Joan Kay (Steve) Sheen of Kearney, Gene Larry (Marjorie) Johnson of Douglasville, GA, Merle Elton (Debra) Johnson of Ann Arbor, MI, and Janell Sue (Larry) Rossen of Gothenburg; six grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren; three sisters—Merna Smith of Bertrand, Bonnie (Elsworth) Samuelson and Betty (Warren) Jacobson, all of Holdrege; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action