Robert Douglas, 88 - August 11, 2010
Robert Norton Douglas, 88, of Kearney, formerly of Cozad, died Saturday, Aug. 7, 2010, at the Northridge Retirement Home in Kearney.
A memorial service was held Aug. 11 at the First United Methodist Church of Cozad with the Rev. Doug Smith officiating. A private family burial occurred at the Cozad Cemetery prior to the service.
Douglas was preceded in death by: his youngest son, David Michael; his parents, Elmer and Grace Douglas; a sister, Ellen Mary Kroh.
Survivors include: his wife of 57 years, Jean Douglas of Kearney; two sons—Scott (Linda) Douglas of Tilden, and Monte Allan (Pamela) Douglas of Richardson, TX; three grandchildren—Joel Robert (Meaghan) Douglas of Alexandria, VA, Katie Ann Douglas of Pittsburg, PA, and their mother, Kristie Rader of Lincoln, and John Michael Douglas of Tilden; great-granddaughter, Patricia Jean Douglas of Alexandria; numerous other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23