Alfred "Alf" Alberts - July 14, 2010
Alfred A. “Alf” Alberts, 87, of Aurora, formerly of Hampton and Gothenburg, died Wednesday, June 30, 2010, at Memorial Community Care in Aurora.
Services took place Wednesday, July 7, at the Aurora United Methodist Church with Dr. F. Cole Fowler officiating. Interment was at the Hampton Cemetery.
Alberts was preceded in death by: his parents; a brother, Johnny Alberts.
Survivors include: his wife, Cleta Alberts of Aurora; two sons—Michael (Janet) Alberts of Marquette and Dan (Beth) Alberts of Lincoln; five grandchildren—Hillary Alberts, Molly (Luke) Jensen, Jeff (Katrina) Glinsmann, Rick (Tessa) Glinsmann and Tammie (Ryan) Bamesberger; nine great-grandchildren; three brothers—George (Rosemary) Alberts, Jesse Alberts and Emil (Lois) Alberts, all of Gothenburg; sister, Bessie (Tony) Shada of Kearney.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog