Delbert Allen Ballard, 81 - July 07, 2010
Delbert Allen Ballard, 81, of Gothenburg died Friday, July 2, 2010, at Hilltop Estates of Gothenburg.
Services will take place at the First United Methodist Church on Friday, July 9, at 1 p.m. with the Rev. Randall L. Dilts officiating. Interment will follow at Fort McPherson National Cemetery, south of Maxwell.
A visitation will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Thursday, July 8, from 4-8 p.m. with the family present from 6-8 p.m.
Ballard was preceded in death by: his first wife, June; a daughter, Deborah; his parents; a brother, Earl; sister, Nadine.
Survivors include: his wife, Marge; a daughter, Janet (Tom) Boyd of Overton; step-son, Kent (Sandy) Ross of Cozad; step-daughter, Kathy (Scott) Maline of Kearney; eight grandchildren—Shawn (Kendra) Boyd of Gothenburg, Heidi (Dan) Wigley of New Zealand, Amber (Joey) Cochran of Kearney, Rhonni (Brandon) Wolf of Lexington, Brandon Ross of Kearney, Brooke Maline of Lincoln, Bret Maline of Los Angeles and Jaysie Ross of Kearney; great-grandchildren—Hannah and Alexis Boyd, Carter and Mackenzie Cochran and Hadlie Wolf.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics