Delbert Allen Ballard, 81 - July 07, 2010
Delbert Allen Ballard, 81, of Gothenburg died Friday, July 2, 2010, at Hilltop Estates of Gothenburg.
Services will take place at the First United Methodist Church on Friday, July 9, at 1 p.m. with the Rev. Randall L. Dilts officiating. Interment will follow at Fort McPherson National Cemetery, south of Maxwell.
A visitation will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Thursday, July 8, from 4-8 p.m. with the family present from 6-8 p.m.
Ballard was preceded in death by: his first wife, June; a daughter, Deborah; his parents; a brother, Earl; sister, Nadine.
Survivors include: his wife, Marge; a daughter, Janet (Tom) Boyd of Overton; step-son, Kent (Sandy) Ross of Cozad; step-daughter, Kathy (Scott) Maline of Kearney; eight grandchildren—Shawn (Kendra) Boyd of Gothenburg, Heidi (Dan) Wigley of New Zealand, Amber (Joey) Cochran of Kearney, Rhonni (Brandon) Wolf of Lexington, Brandon Ross of Kearney, Brooke Maline of Lincoln, Bret Maline of Los Angeles and Jaysie Ross of Kearney; great-grandchildren—Hannah and Alexis Boyd, Carter and Mackenzie Cochran and Hadlie Wolf.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates