Ruby Smith, 94 - June 02, 2010
Ruby Clarice Stephenson Smith, 94, passed away Wednesday, May 26, 2010, at Lincoln.
Services were held Saturday, May 29, at Roper and Sons Chapel with the Rev. David Lux officiating. Burial was at Ft. McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Smith was preceded in death by: her parents, Maurice and Bess; her husband, Chester L. Smith; a sister, Zella Mae Kieth; brother—Merle Stephenson and Fay Stephenson.
Survivors include: her daughters—Terry (Gary) Trego of North Platte and Allegra (Chuck) Penington of Lincoln; her son, Malcolm (Cindy) Smith of Elsmere; eight grandchildren—Ashley Penington, Logan Penington, Traci Dugan, Casey Trego and George Smith, Elizabeth Berkland, Sarah Smith and Chester Smith; sister, Joan O’Rourke; six great-grandchildren—Matthew and Mia Dugan, Carson and Chase Trego and Jay and Lynn Smith; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Fun day at Block farm
- 600 bicyclists pedaling into town June 4
- Co. officer hired for floodplain duties
- Minister keynote speaker at Memorial Day service
- Village moves ahead with well repairs
- Brady students receive recognition
- Scottsbluff claims Dist. B-4 golf title
- Variety of ways offered to support Relay For Life