Mildred C. Umshler, 92 - April 28, 2010
Mildred C. Umshler, 92, of Cozad, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Tuesday, April 20, 2010, at Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Services were held Tuesday, April 27, at the First United Methodist Church of Cozad with the Rev. Lyle Schoen officiating. Burial took place at the Cozad Cemetery.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Morey; three brothers—Kenneth, Cecil and Clayton; a sister, Ethel (Ernest) VanWay; sister-in-law, Colleen Axthelm.
Survivors include: her daughter, Jan (Dallas) Nichols of Cozad; two grandchildren—Brandee (David) Schram of Hastings and Jeffery (Rosann) Nichols of Omaha; four great-grandchildren—Katherine, Grace, Haley and Brayden; brothers—Glen Axthelm of North Platte and Nort (Mary) Axthelm of Riverton, WY; two sisters-in-law—Marge Axthelm of Riverton, WY, and Doris Axthelm of North Platte; numerous other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST