Smith Kite, 89 - April 22, 2010
Smith Kite, 89, of Gothenburg passed away Sunday, April 18, 2010, at Gothenburg.
Memorial services were April 22 at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel with Haun Kite officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his older brother, Tom Kite; and one great-grandchild, John Owen Kite.
Survivors include: his four sons—Terence (Jo) of Malibu, CA, Syd (Joleen) of Gothenburg, Paul (Gayle) of Benson, AZ, and David (Judy) of Austin, TX; nine grandchildren—Bryan (Patricia) Kite, Charlotte, NC, Valene (Ryan) Roseke of Center Point, IA, Aaron (Summer) of Dodge City, KS, Jason (Robin) Kite of Malibu, CA, Derek (Valerie) Kite of York, Julie (Jeff) Lemon of Peoria, AZ, Dan (Jimieanne) Kite of Norman, OK, Justin Kite and Megan Kite of San Antonio, TX; sixteen great-grandchildren; brothers—Haun (Neva) Kite of Amarillo, TX, and James (Joyce) Kite of Kennedale, TX; a sister, Fay (Roy) Davis Plano, TX.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout