Smith Kite, 89 - April 22, 2010
Smith Kite, 89, of Gothenburg passed away Sunday, April 18, 2010, at Gothenburg.
Memorial services were April 22 at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel with Haun Kite officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his older brother, Tom Kite; and one great-grandchild, John Owen Kite.
Survivors include: his four sons—Terence (Jo) of Malibu, CA, Syd (Joleen) of Gothenburg, Paul (Gayle) of Benson, AZ, and David (Judy) of Austin, TX; nine grandchildren—Bryan (Patricia) Kite, Charlotte, NC, Valene (Ryan) Roseke of Center Point, IA, Aaron (Summer) of Dodge City, KS, Jason (Robin) Kite of Malibu, CA, Derek (Valerie) Kite of York, Julie (Jeff) Lemon of Peoria, AZ, Dan (Jimieanne) Kite of Norman, OK, Justin Kite and Megan Kite of San Antonio, TX; sixteen great-grandchildren; brothers—Haun (Neva) Kite of Amarillo, TX, and James (Joyce) Kite of Kennedale, TX; a sister, Fay (Roy) Davis Plano, TX.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC