Smith Kite, 89 - April 22, 2010
Smith Kite, 89, of Gothenburg passed away Sunday, April 18, 2010, at Gothenburg.
Memorial services were April 22 at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel with Haun Kite officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his older brother, Tom Kite; and one great-grandchild, John Owen Kite.
Survivors include: his four sons—Terence (Jo) of Malibu, CA, Syd (Joleen) of Gothenburg, Paul (Gayle) of Benson, AZ, and David (Judy) of Austin, TX; nine grandchildren—Bryan (Patricia) Kite, Charlotte, NC, Valene (Ryan) Roseke of Center Point, IA, Aaron (Summer) of Dodge City, KS, Jason (Robin) Kite of Malibu, CA, Derek (Valerie) Kite of York, Julie (Jeff) Lemon of Peoria, AZ, Dan (Jimieanne) Kite of Norman, OK, Justin Kite and Megan Kite of San Antonio, TX; sixteen great-grandchildren; brothers—Haun (Neva) Kite of Amarillo, TX, and James (Joyce) Kite of Kennedale, TX; a sister, Fay (Roy) Davis Plano, TX.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog