Robert Lee Shaw, 85 - March 08, 2010
Robert Lee Shaw, 85, of Gibbon, formerly of Overton, died Sunday, March 7, 2010, at the Gibbon Good Samaritan Society.
Services will be March 10 at 10:30 a.m. at Calvary Assembly of God Church in Lexington with the Rev. Dean Pofahl officiating. Burial, with military honors, will take place at the Greenwood Cemetery at Lexington.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Everett and Dorris; his wife, Patricia; two brothers—Ellis and Jerold; two sisters—Margaret and Doris.
Survivors include: his son, William R. (Raquel) Shaw of Kearney; his three daughters—Linda A. Shaw of Lexington, Barbara J. (Dan) McDonald of Overton, and Lisa R. (Robert) Doudney of Gothenburg; a brother, Everett (Dotty) Shaw of Glenwood, IA; five grandchildren—Reggie Lee Shaw of Nashville, TN, Lindsey and Nik Bringleson of Redondo Beach, CA, Andrew Parkhurst of Lincoln, Bryan Lee Nelsen of Overton, and Myranda Parkhurst of Cozad; two great-grandchildren—Preston Lee Shaw of Nashville and Xaida Lee Momii of Lincoln.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC