Cornelius ‘Neil’ McCarthy, 69 - February 24, 2010
Cornelius Francis “Neil” McCarthy, 69, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Feb. 15, 2010, at Immanuel Medical Center in Omaha after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mass of Christian burial took place on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010, at St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Lexington with the Rev. Paul Colling officiating. Burial was at St. Ann’s Catholic Cemetery at Lexington.
McCarthy was preceded in death by: his son, Robert Anthony; an infant daughter, Christine Anne; an infant grandson, Tyler Anthony; his parents, Cornelius and Francis; a sister, Janet.
Survivors include: his wife of 49 years, Rosemary; his sons—Jerry (Lori) of Blair, Chris (partner, Jimmy Victor) of Omaha; a daughter, Trueline; grandchildren—Kristina, Mason, Evan and Dominque.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for the complete paper on-line on Wednesday afternoons.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action