Cornelius ‘Neil’ McCarthy, 69 - February 24, 2010
Cornelius Francis “Neil” McCarthy, 69, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Feb. 15, 2010, at Immanuel Medical Center in Omaha after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mass of Christian burial took place on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010, at St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Lexington with the Rev. Paul Colling officiating. Burial was at St. Ann’s Catholic Cemetery at Lexington.
McCarthy was preceded in death by: his son, Robert Anthony; an infant daughter, Christine Anne; an infant grandson, Tyler Anthony; his parents, Cornelius and Francis; a sister, Janet.
Survivors include: his wife of 49 years, Rosemary; his sons—Jerry (Lori) of Blair, Chris (partner, Jimmy Victor) of Omaha; a daughter, Trueline; grandchildren—Kristina, Mason, Evan and Dominque.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for the complete paper on-line on Wednesday afternoons.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater