Derald Leaf, 83 - December 02, 2009
Derald L. Leaf, 83, of Beaver City, formerly of Brady, died Saturday, Nov. 28, 2009, at the Beaver City Manor.
Services will be held Friday, Dec. 4, at 2 p.m. at the Horner Lieske McBride & Kuhl Funeral and Cremation Service with the Rev. Wesley Russell officiating. Burial will take place at the Kearney Cemetery.
A visitation will be Thursday from 5-7 p.m. at the Funeral Home, and one hour prior to services.
Leaf was born Sept. 3, 1926, at Brady to Allen and Nancy (Johnson) Leaf. He attended school at Wickstrom District No. 32 near Brady.
He moved to the North Platte area in 1970, and farmed in the area. He then moved to Loomis and worked at the Holdrege feed and seed and the Loomis Coop until his retirement.
Leaf was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Survivors include: a daughter, Rhonda (James) Bartels of Lincoln; a son, Dayton (Michele) Leaf of Lincoln; step-daughters—Maxine (Dave) Espenhover of Orleans, Janice (Robert) Shannon of Queen Creek, AZ, Rose French of Ft. Morgan, CO, and Jennie (John) Bice of Williston, ND; step-son, Jack Lill of Alma; brothers—Alfred (Helen) Leaf of Kearney and Gordon (Joann) Leaf of Divide, CO; three granddaughters and one great-granddaughter; numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the family.
A message of condolence, tribute or memory may be sent to the family at www.hlhmortuary.com.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair