Gale Guenther, 50 - January 03, 2007
Gale T. Guenther, 50, of Gothenburg died Monday, Dec. 25, 2006.
Graveside memorial services were held on Friday, Dec. 29, at the Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Guenther was born on May 2, 1956, to Donale Gale and Eugenia (Tolliver) Guenther at Boulder, CO. He grew up and attended school in Longmont, CO.
In 1974, he entered the Army where he earned a National Defense service medal. After being discharged from the military, he became a long-haul truck driver. He was later forced to retire from truck driving due to his battle with diabetes.
He was an avid Denver Broncos and Colorado Rockies fan and also enjoyed painting and drawing, according to family members.
Guenther was preceded in death by his parents, Donale and Eugenia.
Survivors include: his daughter, Amanda Huggins of Amarillo, TX; four grandchildren—Joshua, Obadiah, Malaci, and Trinity; a brother, Marion McCoy; three sisters—Golden Harada, Jackie Walker and Carrie Lickliter.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates