Harriette Ross, 85 - January 10, 2007
Harriette K. Ross, 85, of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2007, at Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Services were held on Monday, Jan. 8, at the First Baptist Church of Gothenburg with the Revs. Tom Harris and Larry Viter officiating. Burial was at the Walnut Grove Cemetery at Cozad.
Ross was born at Ruskin on March 23, 1921, to Vergil and Mabel Johanna Christensen Sykes. She attended school at Ruskin and Lexington.
She graduated from Lexington High School and went on to attend nursing school. She married Robert E. Ross at Lexington on Dec. 24, 1942.
Ross enjoyed baseball, genealogy, reading and politics, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Vergil and Mabel; her husband, Robert on Oct. 7, 1995.
Survivors include: two sons—Jim Ross of Hastings (fiance, Dawn Stewart of Doniphan) and Bill (Cheryl) Ross of Lincoln; two daughters—Karen (Dan) Hudson of Gothenburg and Virginia (Gerald) John of Ord; eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the First Baptist Church, 1003 Ave. C., Gothenburg, NE 69138, and the Gothenburg Public Library, 1004 Lake Ave., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blasestrauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23