Michael Phillips, 59 - February 07, 2007
Michael Jerry Phillips, 59, of Beatrice died Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2007, at his home.
Services were held on Friday, Feb. 2, at Harman-Wright Mortuary Chapel at Beatrice with the Rev. Tony Cash officiating. Burial was at Grandview Cemetery at Gothenburg.
Phillips was born on Jan. 1, 1948, at Lexington. He married Gerry Payne on Nov. 10, 2006, at Beatrice at her daughter’s home.
He wandered his life trying to find his inner peace, family members said. He was a Vietnam veteran and was awarded a Purple Heart.
Phillips had enjoyed gardening and growing strawberries.
He was preceded in death by: his father, Lloyd Phillips; his mother, Judy (Brody) Meyers; half-brothers—Patrick Benjamin Puleo and Tom Phillips.
Survivors include: his wife, Gerry (Payne) Phillips of Beatrice; step-sons—Jeffery (Darla) Payne of Deer Park, CA, and Paul (Michelle) Payne of Beatrice; step-daughters—Misty Puleo of San Francisco, CA, LaRita Bray and Sarah (Mickey) Schroeder, all of Beatrice; 13 step-grandchildren; a stepfather, T. E. Meyers of Lexington.
Memorials are suggested to the family with the mortuary in charge. A register book is available online for messages of condolence at: www.harmanwrightmortuary.com.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet