Evelyn Walter, 78 - February 28, 2007
Evelyn I. Walter, 78, of Cozad, died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007, at the Golden Living Care Center.
Services were held on Monday, Feb. 26, at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel at Cozad with the Rev. Terry Pool officiating. Burial was at the Cozad Cemetery.
Walter was born on June 1, 1928, in Frontier County to Elmer and Ida Seybold Maret. She attended school in rural Frontier County.
On Nov. 18, 1947, she was united in marriage to Harvey E. Walter at Julesburg, CO. The couple made their home at Cozad throughout their entire married life.
Among her many hobbies, she enjoyed playing cards, fishing, gardening and camping, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Harvey in 2004; a brother, Merle; three sisters—Dorothy, Agnes, and Eunice; son-in-law, Larry Meester.
Survivors include: a son, Harvey (Cindy) Walter of Cozad; a daughter, Linda Meester of Cozad; two sisters—Faye Claflin of Cambridge and Beulah (Lawrence) Hall of Cozad; three grandchildren—Wyatt (Sandy) Meester, Becky (Kevin) Brooks and Heidi DeHarty; nine great-grandchildren—Nathaniel, Jessica, Cali, Raven, Sky, Sarah, Sonja, Donnie and Andrea.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities