Linda Swanson, 59 - March 14, 2007
Linda Diane Swanson, 59, of Gothenburg, died Thursday, March 8, 2007, at her home.
Services were held on Tuesday, March 13, at the First Baptist Church of Gothenburg with the Rev. Tom Harris officiating.
Swanson was born on Jan. 22, 1948, at Gothenburg to Carl L. and Betty J. (Ragsdale) Butler. She grew-up living in different areas throughout the states of Nebraska and Kansas.
Following high school, she received her beautician certificate and moved back to Gothenburg in 1980, later opening her own salon. She had retired due to health reasons.
She enjoyed spending time with her family and being available to them when needed, according to family members. She also enjoyed spending time outdoors and was especially fond of the hills south of Gothenburg.
Swanson was preceded in death by: her father, Carl L. Butler; a sister, Judy J. Butler.
?Survivors include: a son, Kevin Carl Casper of Loveland, CO; a daughter, Deanne Renae Morton of Garland, TX; her mother, Betty Jo Butler of Gothenburg; three bothers—Richard L. Butler of Wyle, TX, and Dennis G. Butler and Douglas W. Butler, both of Gothenburg; sister, Cindy L. Johnson of Dallas, TX; four grandchildren—Brooke, Bailey, Dillon and Dalton.
Memorials are suggested to the First Baptist Church, 307 11th St., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout