Mildred Hines, 86 - April 04, 2007
Mildred Frances (Pohl) Hines, 86, of Gothenburg, died Thursday, March 22, 2007, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Long-Term Care.
A family graveside service was held Wednesday, March 28, at the Gothenburg Cemetery with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
Hines was born on March 19, 1921, to Stephen J. and Birdie (Younghans) Pohl, on a family farm near Brady and grew up in Wild Horse Valley.
She received her education at Wild Horse Valley School and graduated from Brady High School in 1939.
On June 2, 1942, she married Arthur F. Hines at Newark. The couple made their home in Gothenburg and were married 63 years.
Hines was a member of the First United Methodist Church and the Gothenburg United Methodist Women. She enjoyed spending time with her family, sewing and cooking, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Stephen and Birdie; her husband, Arthur; sister, Doris Pohl Johnson; son-in-law, Dean Hueftle.
Survivors include: her daughter, Cheryl Hueftle of Gothenburg; two grandchildren—Dr. Stephanie (Dr. Jason) Vogel of Lincoln and Kelly (Faith) Hueftle of Holdrege; three great-grandchildren—Paetyn and Piper Vogel and Maximilian Hueftle; sister, Fern Johnson of Gothenburg; cousin, Lloyd (Billie) Pohl of Banning, CA.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities