Mildred Hines, 86 - April 04, 2007
Mildred Frances (Pohl) Hines, 86, of Gothenburg, died Thursday, March 22, 2007, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Long-Term Care.
A family graveside service was held Wednesday, March 28, at the Gothenburg Cemetery with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
Hines was born on March 19, 1921, to Stephen J. and Birdie (Younghans) Pohl, on a family farm near Brady and grew up in Wild Horse Valley.
She received her education at Wild Horse Valley School and graduated from Brady High School in 1939.
On June 2, 1942, she married Arthur F. Hines at Newark. The couple made their home in Gothenburg and were married 63 years.
Hines was a member of the First United Methodist Church and the Gothenburg United Methodist Women. She enjoyed spending time with her family, sewing and cooking, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Stephen and Birdie; her husband, Arthur; sister, Doris Pohl Johnson; son-in-law, Dean Hueftle.
Survivors include: her daughter, Cheryl Hueftle of Gothenburg; two grandchildren—Dr. Stephanie (Dr. Jason) Vogel of Lincoln and Kelly (Faith) Hueftle of Holdrege; three great-grandchildren—Paetyn and Piper Vogel and Maximilian Hueftle; sister, Fern Johnson of Gothenburg; cousin, Lloyd (Billie) Pohl of Banning, CA.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500