Irene DuBry, 82 - April 25, 2007
Irene B. DuBry, 82, of Gothenburg, died Wednesday, April 18, 2007, at Cozad.
Services were held on Tuesday, April 24, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel at Gothenburg with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Burial was at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
DuBry was born on July 17, 1924, at Gothenburg, to Homer and Althea (Wright) Dishman. She grew up in the Sandhills of Nebraska and at Gothenburg. She graduated from Gothenburg High School.
She was united in marriage to Lyle DuBry on Aug. 10, 1945, at Cheyenne, WY. After graduating, she lived in Wyoming until the late 1970’s when she returned to Gothenburg.
DuBry especially loved her family and enjoyed gardening and flowers, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Homer and Althea Dishman; a brother, Albert Dishman; sisters—Maire Lindblad and Elsie Arnet; a son, William; three grandchildren and two great-grand children.
?Survivors include: her son, Steve (Robin) of Casper, WY; her daughter, Viola (Nelson) Bonson of Gothenburg; five brothers—Harold of Laramie, Virgil (Lil) of Council Bluff, Bill (Jean), David and Al (Linda), all of Gothenburg; three sisters—Bertha Poen of Gothenburg, Violet (Charles) Mladek of Cozad and Lucy (Dick) Sabin of Lexington; 17 grandchildren and 44 great-grandchildren.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23