Jessie Davis, 91 - May 02, 2007
Jessie H. Davis, 91, of Gothenburg, died Thursday, April 26, 2007, at Hilltop Estates of Gothenburg.
Services were held on Tuesday, May 1, at the American Lutheran Church of Gothenburg with the Rev. Matthew Groenke officiating. Burial was at the Peckham Cemetery.
Davis was born on Sept. 15, 1915, at her family’s home in Gothenburg, the fifth child of Robert and Grace (Aunspaugh) Davis.
She attended country school at District 84 through the eighth grade.
Davis worked as a housekeeper, caretaker and a baby sitter. She also cleaned the Haythorn Ranch.
She had raised chickens and enjoyed gardening, sewing and quilting, according to family members.
?She was preceded in death by: three sisters—Opal Kicker, Dorothy Davis and Helen Giboney; two brothers—Wyatt and Kenneth Davis.
?Survivors include: her sister, Edna Mauer of Gothenburg; sister-in-law, Lela Davis of Gothenburg; numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the American Lutheran Church.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500