Richard Young, 51 - June 13, 2007
Richard “Chief” Young, 51, of Spearfish, SD, formerly of Gothenburg and Cozad, died Monday, June 4, 2007, at Denver, CO.
Memorial services were held on Tuesday, June 12, at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel at Cozad with the Rev. Terry Pool officiating.
Young was born Sept. 24, 1955, at Ocean Side, CA, to Eugene and Marian Livermont Young.
He attended school in Gothenburg and graduated from Gothenburg High School.
Young then moved to Cozad where he was employed by Cozad Services, and in 1998, he moved to Spearfish.
He had enjoyed fishing and playing softball, according to family members.
Young was preceded in death by: his parents, Eugene and Marian; a brother, Roby.
?Survivors include: two sons—Robert (Tara) Young of Gothenburg and Jonas Young of Cozad; two daughters—Alicia (Floyd) Sheel of Cozad and Lucinda Young of Denver; nine grandchildren—Bryse, Peyton, Dawson, Adriain, Alisiah, Isaiah, Adysn, Jalen and Halona; brother, Ed Young of Spearfish; sister, Marlene (Bill) Turner of Arizona.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be shared at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president