Richard Young, 51 - June 13, 2007
Richard “Chief” Young, 51, of Spearfish, SD, formerly of Gothenburg and Cozad, died Monday, June 4, 2007, at Denver, CO.
Memorial services were held on Tuesday, June 12, at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel at Cozad with the Rev. Terry Pool officiating.
Young was born Sept. 24, 1955, at Ocean Side, CA, to Eugene and Marian Livermont Young.
He attended school in Gothenburg and graduated from Gothenburg High School.
Young then moved to Cozad where he was employed by Cozad Services, and in 1998, he moved to Spearfish.
He had enjoyed fishing and playing softball, according to family members.
Young was preceded in death by: his parents, Eugene and Marian; a brother, Roby.
?Survivors include: two sons—Robert (Tara) Young of Gothenburg and Jonas Young of Cozad; two daughters—Alicia (Floyd) Sheel of Cozad and Lucinda Young of Denver; nine grandchildren—Bryse, Peyton, Dawson, Adriain, Alisiah, Isaiah, Adysn, Jalen and Halona; brother, Ed Young of Spearfish; sister, Marlene (Bill) Turner of Arizona.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be shared at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500