Lawrence Baker, 94 - June 13, 2007
Lawrence Roy Baker, 94, of North Platte, formerly of Farnam, died Friday, June 8, 2007, at his home in North Platte.
Services were held on Tuesday, June 12, at the Calvary Baptist Church with the Rev. Bob Payne officiating. Burial was at the Farnam Cemetery.
Baker was born on Aug. 31, 1912, at Farnam, to Bert and Myrtle (Preston) Baker.
He lived out his childhood and much of his adult life in Farnam, running a small farm and ranch while raising his family.
His passion for life always rang through the stories he would tell of days gone by, according to family members. The love and concern he held for his family was the rhythm of his heart, and his strength shone through many personal acts of unflinching living.
?Baker was preceded in death by: his parents; his wife, Marie, of nearly 71 years who passed away five months ago; daughter Joan; and two grandchildren.
?Survivors include: his brother, Ray (Eleanor) Baker of Columbus; his children—Cecil (Rosie) Baker of Ruskin, Sherry (Merle) Lind of North Platte, Jim (Pat) Baker of Farnam and Gary (Debby) Baker of North Platte; 12 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established and online condolences can be made at: www.adamsswanson.com.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout