James Arnett, 81 - July 18, 2007
James B. Arnett, 81, of Modesto, CA, formerly of Gothenburg, died June 23, 2005, at Modesto.
Graveside memorial services will be held at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, July 22, at the Gothenburg Cemetery, where he will be laid to rest with his wife, Elsie, as requested. The Rev. Larry Viter will officiate the service.
Arnett was born on Feb. 27, 1923, at Wellston, OK.
He was united in marriage to Elsie Etty Dishman of Gothenburg. The couple resided in Gothenburg for many years.
Arnett honorably served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include: three sons—Travis or Florence OR, Ricky of Galt, CA, and Charles of Atlanta, GA.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics