Deborah Bockus, 53 - September 26, 2007
Deborah Lee (Doudney) Bockus, 53, of North Platte, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007.
Services were held on Monday, Sept. 24, at Adams & Swanson Chapel with the Rev. Bob Deardoff officiating. Burial took place at the Riverview Cemetery at Sutherland.
Bockus was born on May 3, 1954, to Richard and Donna Browning Fanning, at Fairbury.
She attended school at Bayard, Gering and North Platte, and attended college at Mid-Plains Community College.
Bockus enjoyed painting and reading, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Donnie Bockus; a daughter, April Doudney; her grandmother, Esther Novacek.
Survivors include: a son, Christopher Fanning of North Platte; a daughter, Melissa (Jaimie) Kasson of Eustis; her mother, Donna Fanning of Hershey; her father, Richard (Kathy) Fanning of Ludell, KS; two brothers—David (Carla) Fanning of Bayard and Ken Fanning of Bridgeport; two sisters—Karen (Kelley) Wyatt of Burley, ID, and Allison (Dan) Huebner of Hershey; four grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews; special friend, Mark Williams.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be shared at: www.adamsswanson.com.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price