Barbara Nielsen, 45 - November 07, 2007
Barbara D. Sokol Johnson Nielsen, 45, of Gothenburg passed away on Sunday, Nov. 4, 2007.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8, at the First Baptist Church, Gothenburg, with the Rev. Tom Harris officiating.
Burial will take place in the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Visitation will be held 1-8 p.m., Wednesday (today) with family present from 6-8 p.m. at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, Gothenburg.
Nielsen was born on Feb. 22, 1962, at Gothenburg to Leonard E. and Bonnie L. (Shaw) Sokol. She graduated from Gothenburg High School.
She worked for Gothenburg Memorial Hospital, Dr. Craig Bartruff and the First Baptist Church.
Nielsen married Ryan Nielsen at Lexington on April 8, 1994. She loved to spend time with her family and friends and her animals, the family said.
?She was preceded in death by her parents.
?Survivors include: her husband Ryan Nielsen of Gothenburg; daughter Natasha Lynn Johnson of Gothenburg; step-children—Nathan Nielsen of Atlanta, GA; and Angela Marie Davis of Gothenburg; brother Edward Sokol of Scottsbluff; sister Mary Ann Nova of Kearney; and one grandchild.
Memorials are suggested to National Breast Cancer Foundation, 2600 Network Blvd., Suite 300, Frisco, TX 75034
Online condolences can be given at www.blasestrauser.com.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates