Kenneth Wahl, 82 - December 05, 2007
Kenneth E. Wahl, 82, of Grand Island, formerly of Gothenburg, died Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007, at Grand Island.
Graveside services were held on Monday, Dec. 3, with the Rev. Larry Viter Officiating. Burial was held at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Wahl was born on Oct. 30, 1925, to Charles Edward and Edith (Nelson) Wahl, at Gothenburg. He grew up on the Dawson/Custer County line and was baptized in the Baptist Church at Gothenburg.
As a young boy, he enjoyed farm animals, farm machinery and baseball, according to family members. When he was very young, his mother passed away leaving his father and aunt to raise him and his older brother, Frank.
Wahl had moved to a group home in Beatrice as a young adult, and later to Hastings and Grand Island. He was most recently living at the Golden Living Center in Grand Island.
?He had enjoyed baseball, fishing and smiling children as well as having a sweet tooth, said family members.
?Wahl was preceded in death by: his parents, Charles and Edith; and his brother, Frank.
?Survivors include: his sister-in-law, Barbara Wahl of Arden Hills, MN; two nieces and a nephew; a friend, Dawn Hagen-Shurter of Kalamazoo, MI.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500