Kenneth Wahl, 82 - December 05, 2007
Kenneth E. Wahl, 82, of Grand Island, formerly of Gothenburg, died Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007, at Grand Island.
Graveside services were held on Monday, Dec. 3, with the Rev. Larry Viter Officiating. Burial was held at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Wahl was born on Oct. 30, 1925, to Charles Edward and Edith (Nelson) Wahl, at Gothenburg. He grew up on the Dawson/Custer County line and was baptized in the Baptist Church at Gothenburg.
As a young boy, he enjoyed farm animals, farm machinery and baseball, according to family members. When he was very young, his mother passed away leaving his father and aunt to raise him and his older brother, Frank.
Wahl had moved to a group home in Beatrice as a young adult, and later to Hastings and Grand Island. He was most recently living at the Golden Living Center in Grand Island.
?He had enjoyed baseball, fishing and smiling children as well as having a sweet tooth, said family members.
?Wahl was preceded in death by: his parents, Charles and Edith; and his brother, Frank.
?Survivors include: his sister-in-law, Barbara Wahl of Arden Hills, MN; two nieces and a nephew; a friend, Dawn Hagen-Shurter of Kalamazoo, MI.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates