Margaret Riensche, 97 - December 05, 2007
Margaret D. (Aden) Riensche, 97, of Green Valley, AZ, formerly of Gothenburg, died Sunday, Dec. 2, 2007.
A memorial service will be held Thursday, Dec. 6, at 10 a.m. at Desert Hills Lutheran Church in Green Valley with the Rev. Martin Overson officiating.
Riensche was born on Dec. 15, 1909, at Gothenburg.
She had moved to Green Valley from Loveland, CO, where she and her husband, Pastor R.H. Riensche retired, following his service in the Lutheran ministry.
Her husband was pastor at St. John Lutheran Church in Eustis from 1941 until 1950.
Riensche was preceded in death by: her husband, R. H. Riensche in 1997; and a daughter, Mary Ann in 1945.
Survivors include: three daughters—Dorothea (Dan) Berke of Rio Rico, AZ, and Farnam, Grace Halmi of Denver, and Lillian (David) Hunsaker of Tubac; six grandchildren—the Rev. Steven (Lori) Berke of Longmont, CO, Carol (Chuck) Edwards of Rio Rico, Ann (Richard) Penn of Lincoln, Miriam Berke of Topeka, KS, Katherine (Greg) Bilys of Denver, and Mark (Carrie) Halmi of Oakland, CA; a brother, Burton (Lorraine) Aden of Urbandale, IA; a sister, Norma (Jim) Cunningham of Grand Island.
Family members request memorials be sent to Desert Hills Lutheran Church and to Carondelet Hospice Services.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500