William Preitauer, 66 - January 16, 2008
William E. “Bill” Preitauer, 66, of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008, at his home.
Services were held on Saturday, Jan. 12, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Burial will take place at a later date.
Preitauer was born on June 16, 1941, to Stanley and Ilah (Koster) Preitauer at Gothenburg.
He attended Gothenburg schools and was united in marriage to Bonnie Booth on Jan. 12, 1972. To this union, three children were born.
Preitauer moved to a ranch northwest of Gothenburg in 1976 and worked there until 1981 when he moved to his residence east of town. While living on the ranch, he obtained an auctioneer license and drove truck.
He had spent his life as a rancher and loved to be around livestock, especially cattle, horses and all pets, according to family members.
?Preitauer was preceded in death by: his parents, Stanley and Ilah; sisters—JoAnn Matthews and Myrna Sawle.
?Survivors include: his two sons—Billy of North Platte and Mike (Jody) of Gothenburg; a daughter, Tina of Lincoln; brother, John; two sisters—Joyce and Adelyn; six grandchildren—Alyssa, Camron, Connor, Trevor, Jake and Brady; one great-grandchild.
Memorials are suggested to the Preitauer family, 1913 Ave A, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout