Rose Marie Swanson, 85 - February 06, 2008
Rose Marie C. Swanson, 85, of Cozad, died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2008, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
Services were held on Monday, Feb. 4, at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel in Cozad with the Rev. Murray Miller of the Seventh-day Adventist Church officiating.
Burial took place at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Swanson was born on Jan. 20, 1923, at Gothenburg to Godfrey and Lydia (Lindstedt) Maline. She attended school in the Gothenburg area.
In 1946, she was united in marriage to John H. Swanson at Norton, KS. The couple made their home at Gothenburg before moving to Cozad in 1969, where she was employed with the nursing home for many years.
She was a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church for over 60 years.
Swanson had enjoyed spending time with her family as well as gardening and cooking, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, John in 2007; two brothers and a sister.
Survivors include: her four sons—Galen (Patti) Swanson and Larry Swanson, all of Cozad, Dan (Michelle) Swanson of Missouri and Jim (Carolyn) Swanson of Omaha; her daughter, Jodie Eckerdt of Loveland, CO; a brother, Stanley (Bernice) Maline of Wallace; eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
Memorials are suggested to the Seventh-day Adventist Church at Gothenburg.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%