Dan Herrin, 89 - February 06, 2008
Dan Doyle Herrin, 89, of Fort Myers, FL, formerly of Brady, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008, at Fort Myers.
A memorial service and interment will take place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell in the spring.
Herrin was born Aug. 30, 1918, at Sumrall, MS, the youngest of seven children, born to Shep and Maggie Sumrall Herrin.
He enlisted in the U.S. Army Air Force and served four years during World War II. He was discharged on Feb. 16, 1946.
On June 30, 1946, he was united in marriage to Jayne George of Brady and returned to his contracting business in New Iberia, LA.
Herrin and his wife returned to Nebraska in 1949 and lived at Omaha where he became a trooper with the Nebraska State Patrol.
In 1953, he retired from the state patrol and became manager of the George Cattle Ranch south of Brady. He continued managing the ranch until his retirement when he spent winters at Fort Myers.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Shep and Maggie; his brothers and his sisters.
Survivors include: his wife, Jayne; a sister-in-law, Marcia Ochsner of Omaha; two nephews—Russell and Mark Dan Abbott of Omaha; two nieces—Cindy Sellon of Lincoln and Muriel Rushing of Hattiesburg, MS.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president