Ella Gregg, 88 - February 20, 2008
Ella Virginia Owings Gregg, 88, of Ogden, UT, formerly of Gothenburg, died Saturday, Feb. 9, 2008.
Services were held on Friday, Feb. 15, at Leavitt’s Mortuary at Ogden. Interment will take place at the Gothenburg Cemetery at a later date.
Gregg was born to William and Hannah Owings on April 19, 1919. She attended Gothenburg High School.
She was united in marriage to Virgil H. Gregg at Gothenburg. The couple moved to Ogden in the 1940’s.
Gregg was a member of the Eastern Star.
She had enjoyed her flower garden and traveling the world, according to family members.
Gregg was preceded in death by: her husband, Virgil; sisters—Mable Ballmer, Ruth Wilbourn and Ruby Edwards; brothers—John Leslie and Roy Owings.
Survivors include: her sister, Mae Lanham of Madisonville, KY; special friend, Calvin B. King; several nieces and nephews.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.leavittsmortuary.com.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite