Eldward McKenna, 53 - March 05, 2008
Edward Almer McKenna, 53, of Gothenburg died Saturday, March 1, 2008, at his home east of Gothenburg.
A rosary service was held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Odean Colonial Chapel at C & Sycamore, North Platte. The casket will be closed.
Mass of Christian burial will be held on Thursday, March 6, at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church of North Platte with the Rev. James Golka as celebrant. Burial will take place at the Brady Cemetery at 12:30 p.m.
McKenna was born on June 4, 1954, at Callaway to John Charles and Alice Marie Westman McKenna. He attended school at Brady.
He was united in marriage in 1981 to Sandra Jean Carrigan. To this union, a daughter was born.
McKenna and his wife lived in Brady, and he was employed by the Burlington Northern Railroad where he was a conductor until an early retirement. The couple owned the Brady Get and Go Convenience Store for several years.
He was an avid sports fan and enjoyed hunting, fishing and nature, according to family members.
McKenna was preceded in death by: his daughter, Jacque McKenna; his father, John McKenna.
Survivors include: his mother, Alice Wolford of North Platte; a brother, Jack (Kim) McKenna of Brady; three sisters—Mary (Ron) Miller and Joyce (Jim) Lydic, all of Brady, and Kay (Jerome) Cooper of Wellfleet; numerous nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles.
A memorial are suggested to the St. Patrick’s Catholic Church or donor’s choice.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates