Ruth Fry, 92 - March 05, 2008
Ruth E. Fry, 92, of Farnam, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
A graveside memorial service was held at the Highland Cemetery at Bertrand on Thursday, Feb. 28, with the Rev. Cathi Braasch of Hope Lutheran Church of Smithfield officiating.
Fry was born on March 4, 1915, at Smithfield, to Wilbur and Canna Waln.
She was preceded in death by: her daughters—Carol (Donald) Freeman and Virginia Lee Wendland; her son, Albert Eugene Wendland.
Survivors include: her husband of 47 years, Larry; a son, Darrell (Barbara) Wendland of Council Bluffs, IA; a daughter, Iona (Rodean) Cornelsen of Johnstown, CO; 14 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State