Joe Wooldridge, 55 - March 19, 2008
Joe Wooldridge, 55, of Fremont, formerly of Cozad, died Tuesday, March 11, 2008, at Ames.
Services were held on Friday, March 14, at the Moser Memorial Chapel at Fremont. Additional services were held Saturday, March 15, at the Church of Christ at Cozad with Fred Wooldridge officiating. Burial took place at the Cozad Cemetery.
Wooldridge was born on April 23, 1952, at Cozad. He grew up in Cozad then moved to Douglas, KS, for a year, where he graduated from Douglas High School in 1970.
He was a 1996 graduate of Metro Community College at Omaha as a respiratory therapist. He returned to Cozad and in 1997 moved to Fremont where he was the owner of Nebraska Medical Mart.
On Sept. 29, 1981, he married Kathleen Kruse at Cozad. She had preceded him in death on Nov. 26, 2004.
Wooldridge was also preceded in death by his mother, Edyth (Kyle) Wooldridge, and a nephew.
Survivors include: a daughter, Lucretia (Rick) Glenn of Kansas City, MO; his parents, Charles and Lois Wooldridge of Cozad; two brothers—Terry (Teresa) Wooldridge of Fremont and Fred (Katherine) Wooldridge of Bartlett, KS; a sister, Donna (Kenny) Sheffield of Gothenburg; and two grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the Dodge County Humane Society.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.