Lorretta Dewey, 68 - March 19, 2008
Lorretta R. (Kugler) Dewey, 68, of Cozad, died Monday, March 17, 2008, at Southview Manor Golden Living Center at Cozad.
Mass of Christian Burial was held Wednesday at 10 a.m. at St. Ann’s Catholic Church of Lexington with the Rev. Paul Colling officiating. Burial will be held at St. Ann’s Catholic Cemetery.
Dewey was born on July 9, 1939, at Lexington to Carl and Helen (Resch) Kugler.
She was raised in Lexington and graduated from Lexington High School at the top of her class and with honors with the Class of 1956.
Dewey then served three years in the Army WAC Division. Following her time in the service, she returned to the Lexington area.
During her later years, she spent many happy times at Parkview Villa of Gothenburg, and later at the Golden Living Center in Cozad, according to family members.
She had enjoyed her family as well as crafts, socializing, sewing and playing the piano, said family members.
?Dewey was preceded in death by: her parents, Carl and Helen; a daughter, JoAnn; a brother, Richard Kugler.
?Survivors include: two daughters—Deborah “Deb” (Wendell) Tobaben of Cozad and Marilyn (Rich) Twehous of Lincoln; two sisters—June (Don) Coover of Lexington and Paulette (Virgil) Gardner of Granbury, TX; two grandchildren—Carly and Will Twehous of Lincoln.
A memorial has been established for Mass Intentions to St. Ann’s Catholic Church or the North American Martyrs Catholic Church of Lincoln.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates