Bruce Porter, 54 - April 02, 2008
Bruce Eugene Porter, 54, of Inavale, formerly of Gothenburg, died Friday, March 14, 2008.
Graveside memorial services will be held at a later date in June, 2008, at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Porter was born June 25, 1953, at Gothenburg, to Norman and Margaret (Norsworthy) Porter.
He grew up and attended schools at Powell, WY, and Engelwood CO, and joined the U.S. Army, serving in Korea.
Following his discharge from the Army, he was employed as a construction worker.
Porter enjoyed all sports, however, Nebraska football was his favorite, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Brian.
Survivors include: his parents, Norman and Margaret of Gothenburg; two brothers—Brad (Mary) of Fremont and Bill (Maureen) of Omaha; two sisters—Brenda (Russ) Huff of Taipei, Taiwan, and Beth (Mark) Jones of Midwest City, OK; three nieces and two nephews.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action