Russell Bailey, 76 - April 09, 2008
Russell E. Bailey, 76, of Manhattan, KS, formerly of Brady, died Friday, March 28, 2008, at his home.
Services were held on Wednesday, April 2, at the Manhattan Church of Christ with Brian Cobb officiating. Burial with military honors was held at the Randolph, KS, Fancy Creek Cemetery.
Bailey was born on Oct. 11, 1931, at Brady to Ernest and Mary (Anderson) Bailey.
He had served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Bailey was employed as an alfalfa research technician with the USDA for 35 years. After his retirement, he then worked for Schurle Sign Service at Riley, KS.
He was a member of the Manhattan Church of Christ, and was an Army veteran.
Bailey was preceded in death by: his parents, Ernest and Mary; his first wife, Kathryn Lemmer; a son, Eugene Russell Bailey; brother, Marvin Bailey.
Survivors include: his wife, Carolyn Bailey of Manhattan; three sons—Justin (Jolene) Bailey of Bear Creek Township, PA, Troy Bailey of Manhattan and Travis (Lori) Bailey of Nesquehoing, PA; two stepsons—Orland (Pam) Rosell of Great Falls, MT, and Edward (Karla) Rosell of Wamego, KS; two stepdaughters—Deb (Kelly) Engler of Topeka, KS, and Amy (Bill) Reifsteck of Powell, OH; two brothers—Don (Virginia) Bailey of North Platte and Orrin (Jan) Bailey of Show Low, AZ; a sister, Jean (Earl) Max of Brady; sister-in-law, Leona Bailey of Lebanon, MO; 16 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the Terry C. Johnson Center for Basic Cancer Research.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout