Jack Campbell, 58 - April 16, 2008
Jack Ennis Campbell, 58, of Walnut Creek, CA, formerly of Gothenburg, died Friday, April 11, 2008, at Walnut Creek.
Campbell was born in 1950 at Gothenburg to Wayne and Ruth Campbell.
He participated at Gothenburg High School in football, basketball and track, and won the Jack Logan Award. He graduated in 1967.
In his 20s he broke his back while sky diving. Confined to a wheelchair the rest of his life didn’t slow him down. He worked with handicapped adults and children, played wheelchair rugby and enjoyed life. No challenge was too great and he loved to help others learn and enjoy life as he did, family members said.
He was preceded in death by his father, mother and grandparents.
Survivors include: his wife, Maria; four sons—RJ, Donny, Micheal and Jeramiah; two sisters—Gerry and Peggy; one brother, Leeroy.
Memorials are suggested to the Grandview Cemetery or Cancer Society of choice.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30