Ruth Janus, 77 - April 30, 2008
Ruth Ann Janus, 77, of Cozad, died Friday, April 25, 2008, at the Cozad Community Hospital.
Services were held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday at the United Methodist Church in Eustis with the Rev. Tess Hufford officiating. Burial took take place at the East Cemetery at Eustis.
Janus was born on Jan. 19, 1931, at Eustis to Eugene and Sophia (Hueftle) Janus.
She grew up in the Eustis area where she attended school. She later moved to Cozad.
Janus was a member of the Eustis United Methodist Church.
She especially enjoyed friends and family as well as reading, writing and painting, according to family members. She always saw the beauty around her and was well respected by others.
Janus was preceded in death by: her parents, Eugene and Sophia; a brother, Kenneth Janus; a sister, Doris West; brother-in-law, John Gilbert; a niece and a nephew.
?Survivors include: her sister, Gertrude Gilbert of Bowling Green, OH; a sister-in-law, Dorothy Janus of Lexington; brother-in-law, James West of Gothenburg; seven nieces and nephews; longtime friend and guardian, Peggy Houchin of Gothenburg.
Memorials are suggested to South Central Developmental Services.
Condolences may be shared with the family at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.