Jeanette Duis, 62 - June 18, 2008
Jeanette Ann Duis, 62, of North Platte, formerly of Gothenburg, died Wednesday, June 11, 2008, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
A memorial service was held on Monday, June 16, at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in North Platte with the Rev. Carl Pullmann officiating. Cremation was chosen.
Duis was born on Sept. 4, 1945, to Harold William and Verna Block Kratzenstein at Gothenburg, where she grew up.
She was united in marriage to Kermit George Duis on Oct. 28, 1962, at Gothenburg.
The couple worked on Pawnee Spring Ranches. In 1982, they were divorced.
Duis moved to North Platte and was employed at several locations including the Hotel Pawnee Assisted Living for 10 years. She also attended Mid-Plains Community College.
She was a member of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church and the Eagle’s Auxiliary.
Duis was preceded in death by: her parents; a daughter, Shelia Lum; a son, Keith Duis; a granddaughter, Katie Lum.
Survivors include: her grandchildren—Bryan Lum and Ashia Lum, both of North Platte; special friend, Dale Johannsen of North Platte; other family members.
Memorials are suggested to the American Cancer Society.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some