Walter Scott, 59 - July 23, 2008
Walter E. “Junior” Scott, 59, of Florida, formerly of Lexington area, died Monday, July 14, 2008, at Jacksonville, FL.
A private memorial service celebrating his life will be held at Gothenburg on Saturday, Aug. 2. Those wishing to visit with family members may do so at Lake Helen on Aug. 2, from 12-2 p.m.
Scott was born on Oct. 21, 1948, at Lexington. He joined the U.S. Navy in 1968, and was honorably discharged as Master Chief after serving his country for 24 years.
He had recently owned and operated his own trucking company.
Scott was preceded in death by: his father, Walter Scott, Sr.; and a brother, Ricky Scott.
Survivors include: his wife of 40 years, Caryn Rhinehart Scott, formerly of Cozad; a son, Douglas Scott of Jacksonville; a daughter, Jennifer Scott of Jacksonville; grandson, Dusty Scott of Jacksonville; his mother, Norma Jean Scott of Gothenburg; sisters—Linda Crawford of Callaway and Rhonda (Dale) Hansen of Gothenburg; brothers—John (Janice) Scott of Lexington and LeRoy (Julie) Scott of Gothenburg; numerous nieces and nephews.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair