Darlene Massie, 64 - October 29, 2008
Darlene R. Massie, 64, of Gothenburg, died Friday, Oct. 24, 2008, at her home.
A private inurnment service was to be held at the Cozad Cemetery.
Massie was born on Jan. 10, 1944, at Lexington, to Paul and Lina (Fritz) Kleinknecht. She attended Happy Hollow School north of Cozad, and also attended the Morning Star Church. She graduated from Cozad High School in 1962, and attended Parks Business College at Denver, CO.
She was united in marriage to Gifford Massie, Jr. in 1964 at Golden, CO. The couple resided at Golden and Wheatridge in Colorado before moving to Gothenburg in 1973, where they raised their children.
Massie will be remembered as a loving wife and a devoted mother and grandmother, according to family members. She enjoyed gardening, spending time outside, making ceramic porcelain dolls and china painting.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Paul and Lina; three half-siblings.
Survivors include: her husband, Gifford of Gothenburg; two sons—Gifford (Lexi) Massie, III, of North Platte and Tim (Tera) Massie of Gothenburg; a daughter, Sheila (Milton) Wear of Gothenburg; 12 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established. Condolences may be shared with the family at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president