Donald Cyriacks, 80 - February 18, 2009
Donald A. Cyriacks, 80, of Oakhurst, CA, formerly of Dawson County, died Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2009, at Park Hill, OK, where he had been residing for the previous six months.
A private service and burial was held at the Oakhurst Cemetery.
Cyriacks was born on Sept. 28, 1928, in Dawson County, to Albert W. and Margaret (Otto) Cyriacks.
He attended rural school in the Dawson County area, and was inducted into the U.S. Army and served in Korea.
On June 3, 1955, he was united in marriage to Ruth Struempler, at the Buffalo Lutheran Church. The couple then moved to California where he lived the remainder of his life.
Cyriacks was preceded in death by: his parents, Albert and Margaret; a son, Craig Cyriacks; brother, Norman Cyriacks; sister, Rosella Dyke.
Survivors include: his wife, Ruth; his daughter, Julie (Cal) Dooley; two grandsons—Joe and Brian Dooley; a brother, LeRoy (Elsie) Cyriacks of Gothenburg; nieces and nephews.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout